198 members have now enrolled – and the number keeps on rising. Go to our Membership page to download your enrolment form.
Enjoy the u3a Experience
learn ~ laugh ~ live
Welcome to Duns & District u3a
u3a members come from all walks of life. We are busy learning new things and staying active. There is no upper age limit – and no lower limit either, although our members are likely to be retired or semi-retired.
- Come to a monthly open meeting in the Volunteer Hall on the third Tuesday of each month to socialise with other members and hear speakers on a wide range of interesting topics
- Join as many of our interest groups as you like – ranging from tap dancing to modern languages, to arts and crafts, book groups and opera appreciation – to name just a few
There is so much to do – and if you can’t find what you are looking for in our programme, why not see if there are other people with a similar interest who would like to join you in a new group.
All our group leaders and committee members are volunteers – sharing a love of learning and a zest for life!
Discover Our Interest Groups
Our programme could keep you busy all week long…
Walking Netball, Country dancing or Tap dancing?
A weekly activity to keep you fit and healthy
Join our Geology or Ecology groups for regular meetings and field trips
Learn more about the historical and contemporary issues in the Middle East
Learn a new language
We offer groups studying French and Italian
Improve your Bridge
Learn a new handicraft or study opera, literature, classical music or poetry
Discover our amazing local history
How about a gentle evening game of mahjong with new friends?
Or if you are feeling more energetic, try your hand at Pickleball or Carpet Bowls
- The Diplomat’s Wife10 am Tuesday 16th November in the Volunteer Hall Emma Gardener will be sharing her tales of living in Bolivia and the United Arab Emirates from 1996-2005, from La Paz, the highest capital city in one of the poorest countries in South America, to sea-level Abu Dhabi inContinue reading “The Diplomat’s Wife”
- COP26: Duns reflects 12 Nov 10 amAs excitement and interest mount in the Climate Conference to be held in Glasgow 31st October – 12 November 2021, we want to raise the agenda locally and consider what we can do together or as individuals to play our part. We have 5 expert speakers on ourContinue reading “COP26: Duns reflects 12 Nov 10 am”
- Lockdown Stories – Creative Writing WorkshopA Heart For Duns invites you to join writer Gilly Beckett for creative writing workshops exploring the theme of life experiences during the Covid-19 pandemic. Enjoy these friendly in-person sessions with a warm-up and simple writing exercises to stimulate your imagination and help you get started with your ownContinue reading “Lockdown Stories – Creative Writing Workshop”
We’re all volunteers working hard to bring you a range of exciting opportunities locally.
Find out more
email us or fill in our contact form